Vacancy: Environmental Consultant - Hydrologist, Environmental Engineer or Chemist
AWN Consulting Ltd. is committed to delivering technical excellence to our clients. To meet client needs we are expanding our team of technical experts. With a staff of 30 we are currently seeking applications from suitably experienced consultants for the following vacancy at our head office in Clonshaugh, Dublin.
The position is to project manage a wide variety of licensing, EIAs, waste management, risk assessments and contaminated land projects. We are looking for an individual with strong technical and project management skills who also enjoys a broad range of work.
- Minimum 4 years experience working in the Environmental Consultancy sector
- Qualification and experience in a specific technical area e.g hydrology, chemistry, engineering etc.
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Membership/Chartership of a recognised Environmental Professional body such as IEMA, IGI, IAH, CIWEM etc.
- Enthusiastic "self starter" comfortable working in a fast paced consultancy environment – ability to multi-task
- Excellent report writing skills with good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills - comfortable liaising, meeting and dealing with clients, regulatory representatives, contractors and other team members on a day to day basis
Broad consultancy experience including as many of the following as possible;
- Experienced in Contaminated Land Site Assessment (Design of Site Investigations, Quantitative Risk Assessment and Remediation of Contaminated Sites)
- Preparation of EPA Waste/IED/IPC Licensing Applications or Waste Facility Permit Applications
- Preparation and Co-Ordination of Environmental Impact Statements or contributing to EIA (supporting chapters etc)
- Preparation of Environmental Liability Risk Assessments, Closure Restoration and Aftercare Management Plans in accordance with current guidance
- Experienced in the preparation of Operational Waste Strategies, Construction and Demolition Waste Management Plans for development
- Experienced in co-ordination of environmental monitoring programmes (water, effluent, discharge licence related) and preparation of periodic compliance reports.
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension, discretionary company bonus, PHI & Life Insurance, up to 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy.
Applications should be sent to;