Schlötter Ireland Ltd - IPPC Licence Application and Consultancy Services
Schlotter Ireland Ltd. previously operated an IPPC licenced facility at Newbridge Industrial Estate, Co. Kildare. As part of their expansion all operations moved to a Greenfield site at Tougher Business Park on the outskirts of Newbridge. AWN Consulting completed a Phase II Site Investigation following decommissioning of the Newgridge site. AWN was appointed to prepare the IPPC licence application for newly-constructed manufacturing facility.
At the initial meeting with the client AWN outlined the process involved in the submission of an IPPC application form to the EPA, following this AWN liaised with the client and the EPA on a regular basis throughout the application process.
The IPPC Application processes involved the following:
- Provision of applicant details, location of facility and class of facility
- Assessment of the facility against the requirements of the Seveso II Regulations
- Provision of an Environmental Management System for the proposed development
- Baseline assessments of air quality, surface and ground water and noise
- Identification and assessment of proposed emissions to air, water, ground and noise
- Treatment, abatement and control systems to be put in place to ameliorate proposed emissions
- Assessment of the resource use and energy efficiency at the proposed facility
- Provision of accident, prevention and emergency response procedures
- Provision of remediation, decommissioning, restoration and aftercare management plan
Following completion the application was sent to the EPA. The IPPC licence was granted in October 2007.
AWN has provided on-going support to Schlotter in complying with IPPC licence conditions at the Tougher Business Park facility including:
- Groundwater monitoring
- Acute toxicity testing of process effluent;
- Bund integrity assessment
- Efficient process control assessment
- Preparation of fugitive emissions programme
- Preparation of efficient process control programme